Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

63 Posts

December 25th, 2007 00:00

Dead Latitude D620

I have a Latitude D620 that went dead.  If I plug in AC adapter, the green light on adapter goes out (probably current overload trip). Unplug AC from wall and disconnect from D620 and green light comes on fine when AC reapplied..  But, if plug into laptop the green light goes out.  The battery shows five leds of charge.  I have tried this without battery installed and without DVD, but power adapter always shuts down.  Any chance this is something other than motherboard failure??

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 25th, 2007 01:00

It is the system board that is faulty.

63 Posts

December 25th, 2007 14:00

Is it worth removing memory modules, hard disk, and maybe disconnecting LCD panel connector to verify whether or not these components have internal fault that is overloading motherboard's power supply.  Truth is I fully expect it to be power supply circuitry on motherboard.  Any techs out there with experience isolating this type of power fault.  Not sure if peripherals/memory can actually cause the power adapter overload to trip.  Seems unlikely.....

3 Posts

January 25th, 2011 08:00

Hi Wraujr,

Did you get any solution for this? I have exactly the same problem, and without warranty. I have to buy a new one? I want to fix it if it's possible,

Thanks in advance :)

No Events found!