Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 2nd, 2017 14:00

Dead my vostro 3300 after install http://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/3300_A10.EXE

After download and install the 3300_A10.EXE the fan start to run fast and keep hours without and other sign . Them restart by hand but continue DEAD !!! PLS ADVICE !!! Thanks Ricardo 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2017 12:00

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest removing all peripherals, AC adapter and battery from system. Press "Power On" button for about 20 seconds to release Static Flea Power. Replace battery, adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully computer starts normally. Please click Service Manual in the link below.

Support for Vostro 3300 | Manuals & documents | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2017 13:00

Lastly, if you see any lights blinking on the system, I suggest you view the LED Error Codes under the Device Status Lights in the service manual:  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2017 12:00

If removing the battery doesn't work, I suggest reseating the motherboard (Coin-Cell battery) battery in the system:

1. Remove adapter and battery from system.

2. Open case and remove motherboard (Coin-Cell) battery.

3. Press the "Power On" for 15 seconds and then wait for about 1 hour or more....

4. Replace motherboard battery, battery, adapter, and then power on system.

Hopefully this will reset BIOS to all default settings...

6 Posts

August 9th, 2017 11:00

Dear  LSUFAN51

Thanks so much I will follow your steps and let you know. I will also thinking to download the A33xx.exe and try to boot from USB.

Thanks SO much !

6 Posts

August 10th, 2017 12:00

I tried the above procedure for the first time. Nothing happen, I will wait longer next time.

There is no lights blinking on the system, When Just start them all the control for the DVD (up the keyboard) blick in serie, the DVD driver light blick too and them just turn off. I also take off the coin battery but still happen. There was no LED Error Codes as you mention. Just turn on as usually (with all the cycle of turn on the light and off in serie) and them all the machine turn off. Before execute the A33xx.EXE mentioned the system running well under W10. PLEASE ADVICE!!!!!!!

6 Posts

August 15th, 2017 08:00

Dear Dellvisors

Plese give me an advice !!!! I need that computer !!! Regards

6 Posts

September 11th, 2017 05:00

Dear Dellvisors

6 Posts

September 12th, 2017 11:00

Dear Dellvisors

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 13th, 2017 16:00

I suspect the BIOS is corrupt and most likely, you will need a new replacement motherboard. You can check out the information in the link below to see it that will help recovery the BIOS.

Vostro 3500 BIOS Update Failed - Recovery Procedure ... - Dell

No Events found!