Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

32 Posts

January 23rd, 2004 15:00

Dead pixel- send for service?

One pixel on my screen is dead, it takes a couple minutes to notice it... Luckily its on the top left hand corner, way up there...

Should/can I service the laptop for this?

What's the details on that, and how long would it take?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

The comp's in my sig, it's two days old.

36 Posts

i think u need at least 5 dead before del will do anything about it

See this thread:

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=insp_video&message.id=104708

Please use the search function before posting. It saves both you and us a lot of time, and it's one of the things included in the FAQ at the top of this page.

133 Posts

January 23rd, 2004 16:00

Smeech, since the machine is so new, you can return it to Dell for a refund FOR ANY REASON!

Beware that you may not get the same price if you decide to order an identical system, because the pricing and promos always fluctuate.

If you got a good price package and you can live with the pixel, then keep it.  If you think it will bother you then you have 28 days to mess around and then send it back.

Another alternative is to call Dell, tell them what's up, say you think you want to return it, and see if they'll make it worth your while ($$$) to live with it.  Remember that it costs them a ton of money to handle refurbs and resell them, so they might offer you a couple hundred to keep the machine with the bad pixel.

32 Posts

January 23rd, 2004 16:00

Well, thanks for your replies-- I must be losing it!  I tried finding a search button in the forums, and I've missed it as many times as I logged in!  (maybe I was looking for a button/option not a field..

32 Posts

January 23rd, 2004 17:00

Hey, good tip!

Thanks

No Events found!