Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2010 13:00

Delay in delivery of laptop

I ordered a Studio laptop on June 12 and was given an original delivery date of 6/30. After already getting several delayed delivery notices, I received a new one today. Currently, the new delivery date is July 26. I know that delays are typical around Christmas, but this seems like an unusually long delay. The computer is for my daughter who leaves for college on 8/18, so I am getting concerned about receiving it before she leaves. Has anyone else experienced long delays lately?

3 Posts

September 16th, 2010 22:00

Hi NANCYKOL

I myself ordered my inspiron on 17th Aug and was assured delivery within a week. But after a week the dell status website started showing 6th Sep. When i called up the sales rep she had no idea about delay. I waited patiently , 6th Sep came and went, but no delivery. To add to utter confusion, the Dell status was now not giving any delivery date ... just "to be advised later".

When I called customer care (and that costed me helluva money, time and my patience) I have been told a different excuse everytime. But the case right now is, theres is no assurance on delivery, no proper communication till date .... and its already one month !

I dont know how to proceed in this matter

2 Posts

February 11th, 2012 10:00

My daughter's laptop arrived at the end of August, after she had already began college (and approximately 3 months after we ordered it). We had to drive it down to her the day it arrived, necessitating a 6-hour trip. Dell gave us free shipping on the laptop; this was basically the only assistance we received. Overall, it was a very frustrating experience.

February 11th, 2012 10:00

Guys

what were you final experience Dell helped to resolve your concerns..

No Events found!