This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 25th, 2013 23:00

Delay issue on windows performance and bios performance

Hi 

my xps 15 has delay on windows performance and bios performance 

in bios, movement between menu run with delay

in windows, km player runs with stop and play as frequently, on type in browser character appear with dealy 

i install last version of drivers for hardware and reset factory my  laptop but my  problem didn't solve

run dell support-pc checkup and no problem detected

Im really Confuse... plz help me 

2 Posts

September 1st, 2013 11:00

Hi There,

I had the exact same problem and after months of frustrating diagnostics found my problem was the HDD itself.

Found out by accident. Put a larger drive in and instantly the BIOS was more responsive.

So did a image backup of the current drive. Restored it to a new drive and presto... all my problems solved.

This may be the same problem you are having.

Hope that helps.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

July 25th, 2013 23:00

Hi taxi4511,

I appreciate that you have run the Dell PC checkup; I would suggest you to run the hardware diagnostics by tapping the F12 key on a few times during startup until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear.

At the one time boot menu, press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostics’, and then press Enter to begin the hardware diagnostics.

If the test fails, please make a note of any error codes listed. You can also refer to the link below.

http://dell.to/OUGnqT

Let me know about the progress.

6 Posts

July 26th, 2013 00:00

thanks for your answer

im run PSA ,it checks my hardware for more time and give me  no peroblem found

now what should i do?

6 Posts

July 27th, 2013 03:00

anybody's there that answer my question..!!???

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

July 29th, 2013 03:00

Hi taxi4511,

Please let me know the steps which you have performed to reset the factory settings? Also run the thorough mode test on hard drive, follow the steps below.

Tapping the F12 key on a few times during startup until you see the ‘select diagnostics’ you will find a list of tests, at the bottom of the screen select the option ’thorough’ mode and run the test.

Let us know about the progress.

6 Posts

August 18th, 2013 12:00

Which part of mainbord may has problem?which chip?

6 Posts

September 6th, 2013 08:00

MORTS22 i love you :emotion-21:

my problem is solved.i change my H.D.D and all my problem solved

thank's so much morts22 

thank's so much dell community

2 Posts

September 6th, 2013 11:00

Glad you came right.... Know how frustrated you must have been trying to find the problem. :)

1 Message

November 22nd, 2013 23:00

Why all these problems with dell's HDD yet Dell remains to appear clueless?. I started searching for the error code shown in "dell's test" (the only error code  shown for my laptop) and all I see accross internet by Dell owner is:"Replace Hard Drive", "Defective Hard Drive and N5010 are known for HDD issues". 

Why did Dell not perform a recall? LIke many others...this laptop is barely used and could pass for NEW.

No Events found!