Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 19th, 2009 10:00

Delayed delivery date, no more Alpine White Studio XPS 16

I was unlucky to order the Dell Studio XPS 16 before they took down the Alpine White option LCD lid.  They have now postponed my delivery by 3 more weeks.  The order status is still in the pre-production state.  They did not notify me or get back to me when I sent a email to order support asking for an explanation.  Does anyone know what is going on?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 19th, 2009 10:00

Only way to know is to call - could be they don't have a supply of parts in that color;  the other explanation could be that the model is about to be replaced.  It's not uncommon for options to disappear just before a new model is released.

950 Posts

September 20th, 2009 10:00

I suggest you cancel your order. Chances are you are not going to get it.

September 21st, 2009 09:00

I called Dell to find out what was going on and once I got through (just under 10 min) they informed me that the fact that they have removed something from the website does not affect the order when it was available.  They told me that there was a huge shortage and that the parts needed (assuming the white colour lids) have almost arrived and that my delivery will happen much quicker than what it says in the order status.  I will give them another week.  If by then nothing has changed I will definately call to cancel.  Still no reply from Dell to the emails.

No Events found!