Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 24th, 2012 20:00

Dell 14R graphic problem

Hi all i have a Dell 14R laptop with 2 graphic card. one is the intell HD graphic family and the another one is AMD Radeon HD6630M. the problem is i can't seem to update the drivers. more on the AMD one. i downloaded the driver from AMD website and after extracting Catalyst Mobility it gives me an error saying "imcompatible hardware / software" but i clearly downloaded the right driver for my system. it's not my top most priority if i can't update it but when i open the switchable graphic menu to select which graphic card to be used (high performance or power save) on certain software, after i choose one of the two option and click apply. the menu just changes it back to "not assigned" how do i fix this? 

4.4K Posts

February 25th, 2012 00:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. It sounds like an issue with the driver. I suggest you download the latest version of the driver, uninstall the current driver and than install the newly downloaded drivers for the graphics card. This should help you save changes made under switchable graphics menu.

You can also log on to www.support.dell.com,use your service tag number, under Drivers and Downloads to get the drivers for your system.

Hope this helps,

Thank You

Roshan.

February 28th, 2012 22:00

sorry for the late reply and thanks for the reply. i did uninstall the amd driver and reinstall the new driver from Dell website and yes it helped cured the problem. i wonder why didn't i thought about it in the first place. thanks alot

No Events found!