Highlighted
z72diego
1 Copper

Dell 14z 5423 Broken and Replaced mSATA SSD - Can not Make Work ISRT

Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago, my Dell 14z 5423 was completely dead, did not turn on and did not even turn on a led, even when connecting the charger.

I sent it to technical support in my country (Argentina) and they gave with the fault, the ssd disk used as cache with the ISRT system was dead. They replaced it but they made the mistake of installing Windows directly on that disk instead of using it for the ISRT cache, so when I reinstalled my disk (HDD) where my windows installation was and my files, I found 2 installations of Windows. I cleaned the SSD disk to keep my setup and previous configurations from the other disk (I find it now from My Computer) and was investigating how to re-run the ISRT. I followed this tutorial: en.community.dell.com/.../19511993

But after installing the ISRT driver on the SSD disk and returning to Windows, the following appears in the Intel RST app (same as when cleaning the disk):

I would greatly appreciate a hand since without this fast storage system, the performance of the PC is lousy and I use it daily to work.

Thank you very much in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

RE: Dell 14z 5423 Broken and Replaced mSATA SSD - Can not Make Work ISRT

If you have gone through that reference then you know where in the Intel Utility you turn on Acceleration.  If your system is set to SATA as RAID, you should be able to enable it in that utility.

If you cannot, what is the Acceleration page telling you regarding the small SSD?  Do you see the option to reconfigure the small SSD, if necessary?

We can assume, after cleaning the small SSD, that you can boot normally into Windows?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
z72diego
1 Copper

RE: Dell 14z 5423 Broken and Replaced mSATA SSD - Can not Make Work ISRT

Problem solved! The error was that I was formatting the disk, I had to delete the partition and there install the driver, now it works perfect!

0 Kudos