Highlighted
VShankar
1 Nickel

Dell 15 7000 series Win10 Laptop not recognizing the ethernet adapter

Jump to solution

The internet connectivity works only wirelessly.  The direct connectivity (connecting the laptor with Cisco Router using a chord) works for sometime and goes off, and WiFi takes over.

Sounds like Dell has solution to this problem.  They tried all usual commonsense ideas and also changed the motherboard, but finally gave up or left it to fate.  There is no problem with Cisco EA3500 dual band router as I have other gadgets connected.  Tried with another another laptop (also Dell), changed chord, tried different slots in the router.

Dell 15 laptop is still covered under warranty.  

Can't Dell fix this problem?

Anyone has experienced this problem and still living with it without Dell taking initiatives to resolve?

thanks,

Shankar

0 Kudos
6 Replies

RE: Dell 15 7000 series Win10 Laptop not recognizing the ethernet adapter

Jump to solution

Hello Shankar,

Please share the exact model number for the laptop. There is an option to disable the wifi when an an ethernet cord is connected to the system. Ideally this option would be there in the BIOS setup. I can get our database if you can share the exact model number. 

Thanks & Regards,
Aniketh Sreenivasan
Social Media and Community Professional
Click here for : Order Status / Download Drivers

0 Kudos
VShankar
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Model: Inspiron 7000 Series 7537 BTX Base

Reg Model: P36F

Reg Type: P36F001

Thanks for responding.

Shankar

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Shankar,

I checked the BIOS, unfortunately that option isn't there for the model. I would suggest 

1.) Resetting the Router.

2.) checking if the laptop ethernet works fine with any other network apart from your own.

3.) Resetting the OS if you haven't already and have updated the BIOS as well as the chipset and card drivers

Thanks & Regards,
Aniketh Sreenivasan

0 Kudos
VShankar
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

OK.  Thank you .  Will try it out and report.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Sure. Do keep me posted.

Thanks & Regards,
Aniketh Sreenivasan

0 Kudos
VShankar
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Finally, a trick works as Dell seems to have tried everything possible and almost given up!  The trick is: Just try to diagnose the problem with ethernet cable "disconnected"....once it says cable not connected or whatever reason for not working, connect the cable and try again....it works...The problem is you may have to keep doing it at regular intervals.  At least this works.  It's really unfortunate, Dell has no solution to this and leaving it to be resolved by users....Why?

0 Kudos