Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 7th, 2016 12:00

Dell 15 7559 and Dell Audio enhancement issues

I am trying to turn off the speaker enhancements in the preinstalled Dell Audio bloatware, and the program will not let me turn them off. I have clicked the toggle next to the speaker enhancement, but it automatically switches it back on again. I am able to turn off the microphone enhancement, but not the speaker one. Is there anyways that anyone knows how to correct this?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 7th, 2016 17:00

Try refreshing the driver.

Open device manager- expand sound video – right click on the audio driver & click on uninstall (do not check the box that says delete driver)

Restart the computer & check if you can disable the option.

If the issue persists, download audio driver from www.support.dell.com ( enter your service tag)  download & install audio driver.

4 Posts

November 7th, 2016 19:00

I have tried all of your suggestions, and still the problem persists. I feel like it must be a bug with the Dell Audio driver software. If you have any other suggestions, I would like to hear them.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 8th, 2016 02:00

Hello. Suggestion: disable MaxxAudio.

Open Task Manager (Right-click start menu), open the Start-Up tab, right click on Waves MaxxAudio Service Application and select to disable.

4 Posts

November 8th, 2016 09:00

I have tied your suggestion as well. I disabled it in the startup section in the task manager, and Dell Audio still starts up after starting my pc, and the audio enhancement is still stuck in the on position.

No Events found!