Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

January 3rd, 2016 05:00

Dell 1545 Vista - Dell Wireless Utility error message, fix required.

Re-install of Vista home premium. inc SP2. inc dell drivers. Bios A14. Wireless card 1397 with dell driver. Always when I start the dell wireless config utility I get the message 'Internal configuration inconsistent, restart'. I've googled, started the zero config process, reloaded the driver and logged in and out and restarted but it doesn't fix it. I know its an old machine and an old chestnut topic, but would be grateful for a permanent fix. The wireless utility did work okay on the original installation, that was with bios A08.

Thanks

N

47 Posts

January 5th, 2016 07:00

Partly solved. I discovered that  the dell wlan setup program installs the wltray app when it shouldn't do becsaue there's an incompatibility with the windows software (don't know exactly what that is though, maybe a .net framework). Part solution was to uninstall the wltray utility and then let windows install the wlan driver only, without the wltray app. So now although the wltray app is not present, my laptop has no invalid software on it and it logs off correctly every time I shutdown or restart.

I do know the wltray app can work correctly with vista, but for now the laptop works fine without it.  

No Events found!