Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2017 08:00

Dell 1555 Not Starting Up

I have a Dell Studio 1555 Laptop. It has been more than 5 years old, yet it worked excellently till last week. Now the laptop has got switched off, and it never gets switched on. I have done some experiments and following are the results.

1. Observation: When laptop switch is pressed ON, I can see the side LED light getting on, hard disk starts to spin, DVD drive tries to rotate, but after that both hard disk and CD drive stops. But LED keeps being ON. No boot screen in all the cases. FAN doesnot rotate.

2. Experiment 1: I tried to remove the residual capacitance in the mother board and try to start-up. But same observation as point 1.. 

3. Experiment 2: I have opened up the laptop, seen that there was so much dust on the FAN outlet and all. Cleaned up everything. Added new Heat sink paste. Re-run the system. But when I try to switch on same observation as point 1

4. Experiment 3: I tried to start the Laptop now, without keeping any of the RAM modules. It is normally seen, if we switch ON laptop without RAM, it will continously BEEP. But in this laptop, there was no BEEP sound. Also switch on LED light getting on, hard disk starts to spin, DVD drive tries to rotate in this case also.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

With Regards

Arun

May 11th, 2017 07:00

Hi Arunkhp,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Seems like the motherboard needs to be replaced.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address so that we can check this for you.

2 Posts

May 11th, 2017 08:00

My laptop was manufactured in October 2009.

Service Tag: 

Please indicate me the expected price of the Mother Board

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 11th, 2017 10:00

Go here to see some pricing.

No Events found!