Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2017 07:00

Dell 2in1 7579 Microphone issue

Greetings Dear Friends

İ need your urgent help,i bought this dell 2in1 7579 notebook just for skype and voice call,when on skype person im taking to can hear every little noise computer fan,air conditioner, and even dogs out side very loudly but no my voice, i nead to literally yell so they can hear me little,i just got the computer yesterday all drivers updated and windows is updated..please someone help me out,there this program called maxxaudio but i coudnt figure out,you may find the screenshot in the attachment,i dont know if im doing somethng wrong..Even if i turn on the mic volume up,it gets worst all they hear other noises louder but not mine again,please help

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2017 07:00

You might try turning up the Microphone volume to see if that helps.

If you check the speaker icon on the taskbar, right clicking gets you access to the recording devices.  The microphone properties dialog has two level options.  The first is volume, which moves with the Maxx setting and the second is Microphone Boost.  Mine currently sets at +20 dB and seems to work normally.

You could test the microphone with the voice recorder and there is a microphone test with Skype, at least the Win 10 version.  But if Skype is the only thing you have problems with it may be some setting with it.

You can probably hear the noises you hear because they are coming physically into the system and the actual voice is not strong enough to override.

August 3rd, 2017 08:00

thank you for the rapid answer,i did all of that,the funny thing ppl can hear all the little noises like dogs neighboors so loudy as if they are front of the computer but not mine,will it make any difference if goto control panel-dell audio and turn off the maxxaudio micprohone enhancement.. i did record the sound..normaly there is no way i can hear the computer fan with my ears but when i recorded my voice,fan sounds like jet engine but voice sounds very low

August 3rd, 2017 09:00

also will make any difference if change the environment profiles .mine is at quiet room,shall change it to loud room?

thank you for the rapid answer,i did all of that,the funny thing ppl can hear all the little noises like dogs neighboors so loudy as if they are front of the computer but not mine,will it make any difference if goto control panel-dell audio and turn off the maxxaudio micprohone enhancement.. i did record the sound..normaly there is no way i can hear the computer fan with my ears but when i recorded my voice,fan sounds like jet engine but voice sounds very low

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

If your 7579 is like my 7779 then the microphone is in the top of the screen.  Have you checked the Recording device and made sure the Realtek Microphone is being used? Is it showing a level change when you speak?

Have you tried an external Headphone/headset?

August 3rd, 2017 10:00

yep microphone is on top and yeah recording device is realtek,i checked with external it still happends ,im at work don have the computer but i really think it has todo with maxxaudio,do you have Dellaudio in your control panel?maybe if i turn off maxxaudio enhancement it might well,its so weird birds outside sounds so loud as if they are right front of the mic but my own voice sounds so low..can you please tell me if you have dellAudio in your control panel

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2017 15:00

Yes, I have the Maxx Audio.  It does not make sense you can hear birds outside but not your voice..

I am using Quiet room and mine seems fine.

My system states the Stereo Microphone is built into the camera.   Does the camera appear to be install correctly?

August 3rd, 2017 17:00

Hey brother look at your maxxaudio menu its totally different then i do..look at the voice icon on my menu blue sign looks to left in urs its centered..how do you change also your levels are higher,you can see my maxx audio menu in my top post,how do i change that

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2017 18:00

The system has stereo microphones.  The highlighted area will move and point toward where the sound is coming from.  There should be a setting on the recording devices from the speaker icon which mention spatial.  My spatial will not stay on.

You microphone volume is less than mine.  Have you tried turning it up?

2 Posts

August 4th, 2017 11:00

Hi i think i miss informed you,what i hear is not other voices ,i turned on the mic volume to max and all i hear is hiss and static,also in countrol panel sound settings i cant find the microphone microphone enhansment ,im gona take for replacement..when did you buy your notebook,was it working fine since day one?do also know how to remove maxxaudio

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 4th, 2017 17:00

My system has always worked fine.  I don't use it that much since I have two others to play with.

There is always a chance something arrives with a problem.  I know they check certain things before it leaves the factory.  It may be a connection problem or something just failed.  The only time I had a problem with the microphone was when a Realtek driver installed on its own with was not compatible with the combined audio port but even that only affected the plug in headphone microphone.

Bluetooth headsets don't use the onboard devices and may work normally.  

No Events found!