Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2017 16:00

Dell 3540 screen freeze/reset

Hello,

Nearly year ago I purchased dell outlet laptop Latitude 3540. Since I received it I've been dealing with a problem witch graphics drivers.

The problem is that when I install intel drivers for Intel Hd 4400 my computer starts to freeze or reset. It happens only with graphics drivers installed, there is no problem when I use only Windows Basic Graphics Adapter. I would really leave it this way but when I use Windows Basic Driver I can't decrease brightness, so it is no comfortable to use.

This problem occurs on Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10. I tried many things to repair that but none of them worked form me. So, I tried different graphics drivers form manufacturer and intel official site, I tried to uninstall/install drivers etc, but I was not succesful. It also doesn't help to change bios option uefi to legacy or partitions tyle from gpt to mbr.

I asked Intel form an advice, but they do not know what to do with that.

My configuration is:

Intel M2357U processor 1,4 ghz

16GB Ram

Patriot Spark Ssd 256 gb

It occurs mainly while watching video on youtube or other sites, but not only. Definitely, it is not a browser issue, it also happens while using different programs. What I noticed is that it always happens whene there are some graphical operations going on such as games, videos etc.

As I said, there is no such problem when graphics drivers are uninstalled.

Does anyone have any idea what is the problem and how to fix it? I can always sent it to seller, but I prefer to avoid that because it always takes few weeks or more.

P.S. I tried to install and use drivers from Dell website and many other ways to fix it, so please don't give me advices like "uninstall and install drivers again" or "get newest drivers";

No Responses!
No Events found!