locgreen
1 Nickel

Re: Dell 5-Button BT (Bluetooth) Travel Mouse in Windows 7

Jump to solution

New to the Dell Community I want to say Hello and also comment on the Dell/Logitec BT Mouse. I have a Dell Precision M6500 running Win 7 Ultimate 32bit also with a Dell BT travel mouse(PU705), when I boot my laptop in the morning the mouse is automatically recognized and there are no issues. Usually three to four hours later the laptop stops communicating with the mouse. I have to use my laptop stick or pad to remove the mouse and REBOOT! I have SetPoint Control Center version 4.80.91, Driver version 4.80.169. This version seems to work the best with the BT mouse; however with the touchpad the cursor does respond to the touchpad, the cursor jumps, strays and the overall functionality does not work at least for me. I do like the scrolling and zoom options with the touch pad in which for now I have to deal without. Hope this wasn't too long. In the mean time I will look for solutions to resolve my issues and await helpful responses.

0 Kudos
kaylorsc
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have tried to download this but it says it is not campatable what do i do?

0 Kudos
e_whip_12
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a 32 bit computer and the links didnt work. any suggestions?

My basic problem is that the bluetooth doesnt seem to be picking up my mouse (well its showing up as device is working properly) an is not actually working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

RE: Dell 5-Button BT (Bluetooth) Travel Mouse in Windows 7

Jump to solution

I am using Windows 8.1 64bit OS and Dell BT Travel Mouse, I had been to the link http://www.logitech.com/support?geo=IN and selected Mice. In next page I see "Setpoint" under "Software for Mice" As soon as I click on "Setpoint" the website is recognized that I am using Windows 8 and provided supported version of drivers. Finally I clicked on "Download Software" button. Everything went well then after. 

I hope this will help you as well.

0 Kudos
Tomi123
1 Copper

Jump to solution

No, it did not help me!

This is very anoying if I buy Dell stuff and there are no solution for the issue for 5 years.

0 Kudos
newageBATMAN
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I must say Thank you to Dave as I was almost trying to return the Mouse when I happened to google your Post.

In my Case i was trying to Couple it with a HP Laptop & tried everything from Restart to Bluetooth Software loading, but Nothing Worked.

Set-point 6.5 Did the magic for me & the Mouse is Cruising.

0 Kudos
Doug.S
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a slightly different problem with Dell laptop and BT travel mouse. Been working for 6 years but now quit. Tried new driver download, same result.

Laptop BT finds mouse, does driver install, says it is working fine...but it does not do anything and within a minute, control panel shows BT mouse no loger installed or recognized.

New mouse batts. Do I have a BT or mouse problem? Will a new mouse work?

0 Kudos
WalterPG
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I don't know about your system, but I just bought a Microsoft Mobile 3600 Bluetooth mouse for use with my Inspiron 5559 laptop, and it works great.  There's a program you can download from Microsoft that will allow you to customize the wheel and buttons to your heart's content.  It cost $25, and I have to say I'm delighted with it.  I hope the AA battery it uses will last a long time, time will tell about that.

0 Kudos
Ivan JN
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot, It's amazing. I have Dell Vostro 1310 with Win10, all buttons are working when installed setpoint480.exe

Pumpernickle
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Xmouse pro, free and easy to configure any mouse on any system.

www.highrez.co.uk/.../xmousebuttoncontrol.htm