Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2014 20:00

Dell 5537

i have dell inspiron 15r 5537. It has AMD RADEON HD 8600M series graphic card when i updates its driver my laptop stop shut down, sleep.hibernate...... my display goes black when i shut down but the wifi and power is on and i can also hear the fan sound.......! 

4 Posts

June 3rd, 2015 23:00

my dell inspiron 15r  5537 is not showing any display for last few days.the screen is blank when the power is on. the power button light is on and some sound is hearing from the laptop.nothing else is happening.......!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 4th, 2015 23:00

Hi richuvj14,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check for issue resolution.

Also, we will have to perform the ‘LCD BIST’ (Built in Self-test) on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the “LCD BIST’.

1. Turn of the computer.
  2. Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button.
  3. You will see different colors on the LCD screen. Please check if the issue reoccurs on the screen.

In addition, please connect the system to an external monitor and check if the issue reoccurs.

4 Posts

June 9th, 2015 20:00

sorry.it does'nt work.a beep sound is hearing when the power button is on......!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 15th, 2015 12:00

Hi richuvj14,

I would suggest you reseat a few components, like memory, hard drive and optical drive and see if that makes a difference. In the link below punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual for removing and reseating components.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

4 Posts

November 3rd, 2015 20:00

hello

i have replaced the IC of the laptop.Now it,s working.But still some problems are there i can't adjust the screen brightness and can't play games.while opening any games the display is flickering.and when my laptop is ON it shows a message "AMD DRIVER IS NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY OR NOT INSTALLED".What should i do to solve these problems?

4 Posts

November 23rd, 2015 19:00

can anyone please give an answer to my question!.........................

:emotion-6:

No Events found!