Highlighted
rob360
1 Nickel

Dell 7348 will not auto connect to WIFI on boot !!

Dell 7348 will not auto connect to WIFI on boot !! Have to manually connect .

Using Win 10 home. I have checked the auto connect box on the WIFI 

Even if I I manually  connect WIFI, sometimes while surfing I can a WEB SITE NOT FOUND message. and I look at the WIFI task bar ICON and I can see the YELLOW colored WIFI symbol and I have to manually connect WIFI again.

I have done the following fixes:

Updated  7265 WIFI driver to the latest version.

Changed WIFI advanced power to high performance.

Changed WIFI driver Power to NOT turn off.

Updated all 7348 Dell Drivers and Software .

lI have a Duall band ASUS router RT=AC68u , and I tried both banads with the same results.

My other Dell Laptop model 7352 does not ever have the WIFI issues described above!

I am thinking about changing the the 7265 WIFI card any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Robo36

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jphughan
5 Tungsten

RE: Dell 7348 will not auto connect to WIFI on boot !!

Try "forgetting", or deleting the stored WiFi profile entirely, and then reconnecting.  I can't give you specific instructions for how to do that since you didn't mention which operating system you're using -- for future reference, that's almost always important information and therefore worth including upfront.  If that doesn't solve it, I would try actually uninstalling the WiFi driver from Programs and Features and then going into Device Manager, finding your WiFi adapter, and selecting Uninstall there as well.  Check the box to also delete the driver if you see that checkbox, although you might not if it's using a built-in Windows driver at that point.  Then restart your system and reinstall the latest WiFi driver.

I really doubt this is a hardware issue if WiFi is working after you connect, so I don't think replacing the card will do anything.  If you replace it with a different model, that might fix it, but probably only because the driver was changed, not because the card you have was defective.

0 Kudos
rob360
1 Nickel

Hi Jphughan , I did try so many methods, and I did try the FORGET .

I did mention in my post that I am using WIN 10 home.

Thanks for taking the time and for your thoughts. I am following your advice uninstalling the WIFI in the apps and features and the Device driver.

In the apps and features I found>  Micrsoft Wi-Fi dated 8/3/2017 and I uninstalled the app.

In device manager Network adapters I found Intel dual band wireless AC 7265> clicked on properties and uninstalled the device.

I did see 2 other Drivers for Bluetooth, One is Bluetooth device personal area network .

The other is Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocl TDI .

I did not delete those!

After the 2nd on/off of the 7348. I checked the devicee driver and there was alot more line items under Network adapters! All start with WAN and Miniport 8 in total. Never saw those before!

By the way the 2nd restart now connected to the internet.

I have now tried 4-5 reboots and each time the WIFI connected so just maybe, ALL is good.

I will keep my fingers crossed !!

Thanks again for your thoughts.

I agree also with your thought about the Hardware Intel 7265 being a problem, I ran the Dell diagnostic and it passed all tests.

Robo36

0 Kudos
jphughan
5 Tungsten

Microsoft Wi-Fi I'm pretty sure is some app that Microsoft offers to help connect to paid Wi-Fi hotspots.  You don't need to uninstall Bluetooth, but the WAN MiniPort adapters and such are all standard devices built into Windows that you'ld see when running "ipconfig /all".  Hopefully all is well now, though! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos