Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2017 17:00

Dell 7547 won't boot up

I have a dell 7547 it was working fine and now I can't get it too start up it goes to the dell screen with the wheel for 5-10 min then a black screen. I got code 0xc0000001 on the recovery screen I try to boot from my USB also to reinstall windows and I can't seem to fine the USB I added it to the bois and still no luck any help I would appreciate thxs I also tryed switching the UEFI TO Legacy and still noting I'm not sure if I am doing it right I have a dell mentor media that worked on here befor. It now can't get it to even show up I only see USB storage devices  any body have any idea

9.4K Posts

December 11th, 2017 04:00

Hi ceodayday,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system is not working as expected.

Unfortunately, from your description, it sounds like the motherboard may have failed.  Here is some information you can try, but if that's not working, you may wish to contact Tech Support for further troubleshooting.  ou can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896  or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

11 Posts

December 11th, 2017 08:00

Think you I really appreciate it. And I don't think Kira the mothersboard cuz dell just replaced it all most a month and a half ago do yu have any clue how o can add the USB to boos so I can try and start it up from there I run dignoatic and it passes with all green checks

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

When connected, a USB bootable flash drive will show up in the list of boot devices.  Leave the system in UEFI mode (NOT Legacy) and with secure boot OFF.  That will allow the system to boot from the flash drive (assuming it has been properly written -- use the Microsoft tool for downloading and writing the drive here)

www.microsoft.com/.../windows10

11 Posts

Ok do I enable legacy rom enable or disable and the USB is a dell media mento with windows 8.1 on it do I change the boot order or anything and I thought I had to add the USB to file browser

11 Posts

December 11th, 2017 12:00

It passes all test in the  diagnostics  and when I boot to USB it connects and goes to a windows. Blue icon anthem a black screen and sit

December 11th, 2017 13:00

Dear Ceodayday,

Have you tried to disable the Secure Boot, and Make sure to Enable an option which will say

(Load Legacy Option ROM)  in BIOS

Then while trying f12 on restart, you should be able to find USB device under Legacy

please try and let me know

11 Posts

December 11th, 2017 15:00

@pankaj_chaudhary.   I have when I go to f12 I see USB storage devices right abrove hard drive and down under is uefi os uefi os and. Another I tell you gimma a sec it doing a Dst  test right now again I did a few all come back good

No Events found!