Spiros Mitr
1 Copper

Dell 7559 - Windows 10 brightness reset after restart

Jump to solution

I have a Dell 7559 with Windows 10. I set the brightness level I want and after a power off or a restart of the computer, the brightness resets back to 50%. I changed my power plan's properties from the system settings but nothing better.

Anyone can help with this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Humbirdz
2 Iron

RE: Dell 7559 - Windows 10 brightness reset after restart

Jump to solution

Hi did you try this ,Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings then scroll down in the window that pops up to display- and change settings as desired..I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Spiros Mitr
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have changed this setting but nothing happens.

0 Kudos
Humbirdz
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Actually I seem to have forgot to add some of the settings here.Once you get to power options , open change plan settings and then the change advanced power settings.Then scroll in the window that pops up to the display area.Turn off the ENABLE ADAPTIVE BRIGHTNESS setting  {off} and set the same brightness for dimmed display brightness and display brightness if you like ( this is optional).I always did hate the adaptive brightness settings It used to drive me crazy with an HP laptop I had until they finally wrote a program for it...This should fix the problem. If you had already been in this area I apologize for reposting...

0 Kudos
Spiros Mitr
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I did what you said but again nothing. The settings automatically go back to default settings after restart. I guess it has to do with some driver - programma that loads up when I log in with my user because in the login screen the brightness level seems very good.

If you have any program that changes brightness when it loads, please share it to me (or just source code)

Thank you

0 Kudos
lasseponken
1 Copper

Jump to solution

If you have Windows 10 education, this behaviour is by design in the "creators Update".

answers.microsoft.com/.../924d0458-f4f8-47c7-9119-1de546313c95

You can use these steps to prevent Windows 10 Education from automatically resetting the brightness to 50%:

Search for Task Scheduler in Cortana.  Right-click the result and select Run as administrator.

In the left pane in Task Scheduler, navigate to Microsoft > Windows > Display > Brightness.

In the right pane, Double-click BrightnessReset to open Properties for the task.

Click the Triggers tab.

Select the “At log on” trigger and click the “Edit…” button to open the edit page.

The Enabled radio button at the bottom of the page should be checked.  Click on the radio button to clear it.

Click OK on the Edit trigger page and then click OK on the Properties page.