Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 3rd, 2017 22:00

Dell 7559 freezes upon NVIDIA Driver installation

Hi, I'm having problems installing the latest GTX 960m NVIDIA driver to my Dell 7559. The problem is that whenever I try to install the driver, halfway through the installation my laptop would simply freeze and automatically reboot. After the reboot, I always check the Device Manager only to find out that the NVIDIA driver was not installed. Please help me, as I want to resolve this issue about my laptop.

Thank you so much!

9.4K Posts

November 6th, 2017 07:00

Hi lemuthegreat,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your computer is not working as expected.

Here is a suggestion as posted by another user that was able to resolve their issue.

Create a System Restore point to save the old driver
Then boot into Safe Mode with Internet(F8) and remove the old driver,Then install the new one. Are you getting your drivers from Dell Support, or from NVidia? The Dell driver install utility may have a problem  with non Dell driver files.

November 9th, 2017 18:00

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your suggestion but I have no old drivers to save. Because when I factory reset the laptop a month ago, I remember that it would not boot to the operating system unless I remove the NVIDIA driver. I'm getting m y drivers from Dell Support by the way.

9.4K Posts

November 14th, 2017 03:00

Thanks for the update, have you tried entering safe mode to install the driver?  If you are still having difficulties, you may wish to consult with Dell Tech Support.  They'll troubleshoot with you on whether or not it's software or hardware related.  You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896 or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

No Events found!