harrisfl
1 Copper

Dell 7559 shuts down (blue screen) immediately after unplugging charger

When  I unplug the power cord/charger from the computer when it is running the laptop will BlueScreen and reboot, message when this happens is Kernal_Security_Check_Failure.  Battery is fully charged and showing 100%.  The charger is outputting 19.5V DC.  I also tried another Dell charger I have and the computer does the same thing, bluescreens and reboots??  Ran Dell diagnostics on internet support and everything passes.  Drivers are up to date and it indicates devices are working properly.

Anyone had this happen and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
8 Xenon

RE: Dell 7559 shuts down (blue screen) immediately after unplugging charger

Does the system recognize the AC adapter, or does it show "unknown"?  F2 at powerup to check.

Will the system power up and stay running on battery only (no power adapter connected)?

0 Kudos
harrisfl
1 Copper

Using F2 at powerup the system shows "AC adapter 130w".  Also, battery health "This battery is performing normally.

Q. Will the system power up and stay running on battery only (no power adapter connected)? YES.  I can run on either battery only or charger only.  Also, if running on battery I can plug in charger with no problems. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Xenon

Boot the system in safe mode (see:)

<<windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode>>

See if the system behaves the same.  If it does not, you likely have a driver problem with your power management.  The fastest solution is a recover-to-factory image, which you can do using the Dell Backup and Recovery utility on the hard drive.

If the problem persists even in safe mode, it's likely a hardware problem with the system board.

0 Kudos
harrisfl
1 Copper

Booted system in safe mode, minimal services.  Unplugged power supply and computer didn't crash.  So, figured I had a driver problem, tried Dell  backup and recovery and computer crashed.  Tried different fixes and finally got a msg saying it couldn't find partition.  Downloaded, Windows 10 media creation tool on another computer and created DVD and installed on crashed computer.  Booted and Windows 10 came up, unplugged power supply and computer did the blue screen. 

0 Kudos