Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2014 08:00

Dell Audio + Headphone Jack + Loud notebook audio

How can I uninstall Dell Audio and only have the legacy Realtek Driver and Software in my XPS 14 (L421x)?

I installed some time age the default audio driver that I got from "Dell Drivers", this installed the "Dell Audio" + "MAXX AUDIO 4". I already uninstalled this thing, run CCleaner, deleted the folders, and downloaded and installed the legacy Realtek R 2.73 driver, but this thing (Dell Audio) is always installing with the driver.  

My system audio is ridiculously loud. I need to put my system audio in somewhat 5~15 / 100% to get "normal audio", the only way I get realistic "normal audio range" is using my SteelSeries Wireless Headset with USB, this way the system audio goes to 100% automatically and I control the audio with the scroll located in the headset, even in 100% max audio, I get a "normal 100%", it's loud, but not EXTREME like the notebook audio!

Another problem, when I plugin my Apple Earpods, they simple doesn't work, I already tested them with tons of devices at home, and they are working great. The system doesn't even recognize them.

I think that everything would be resolved if I could install the Leagacy Realtek drivers & software, not this *** loaded with bloatware from Dell, I don't care about "MAXX Audio", "MaxxSense" and all this BS. If you look with attention, all the settings located in this "Dell Audio" menu are the same in the Realtek Software, but with some "swag", that for me is nothing!

Another bad thing, with this dell driver I get three softwares in "Auto start", they are:

1. C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe /MAXX4
  2. C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe /IM
  3. C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe -s

With the legacy one, I would get only one or two. I have a SAGER NP9370, high-end notebook for gaming, and in this one I have the legacy Realtek driver, and the audio is superb, no bloatware, nothing!

In resume, the problems:

1. Very loud audio from notebook
  2. Audio-jack not working
  3. Dell Blotware

The solution:

1. Give me the legacy Realtek driver

33 Posts

April 27th, 2014 08:00

I forgot to mention in the main post, and I can't edit it, so here it goes:

First, Sometimes I need to run LiveUSB Linux distros in this notebook, and the audio in them is all great, realistic audio range, 100% loud but not extreme, everything OK.

Second, I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro up-to-date.

33 Posts

May 8th, 2014 07:00

Nothing? Really?

Thanks Dell, this is one of the many things that you are making me move to other brands...

My next notebook won't be a Dell for sure.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 9th, 2014 06:00

I'm sorry you did not receive a timely reply. I am supposed to get e-mail notices of all posts on the Laptop Audio board, but I did not receive them for your posts last month.

About the earpods not being recognized, you could install the native Windows audio driver and see if that helps. I haven't seen this before with your laptop model, but a bunch of other Dell laptops with Realtek audio have had headphone jack recognition issues due to a buggy Realtek driver. The solution is usually to install an older version of the driver but there is not one available for your system. However, if the problem is due to a buggy Realtek driver, the earpods should work with the native driver. Also the native driver should not have the too loud issue.

I have seen several posts about the headphone jack being too loud with Realtek with no solutions, but one person reported some improvement by using the "Leveler". Realtek had been seeing a lot of complaints about too low volume so this might be a case of over-correction. There ought to be a Registry value that could fix it but I don't have a laptop with a modern Realtek driver to search.

November 15th, 2014 07:00

Hey buddy, did you end up "going native"? 

I have Dell Audio with some bugs - I just found while this looking for a manual (Dialog/Volume/Leveller... when and what etc...) alas no literature tsk.

Anyway, if you rclick the icon in the volume mixer (to access it's dialog) does it help if you set the levels?

Dell XPS l502x is crazy. There's a "displayport". There's two headphone jacks, one doubles as SPDIF, so, along with the mic, you can go surround5. there's awesome speakers, and a JBL sub...

In windows, the volume is affected by audio output and also by Front

just in case ;D

1 Message

June 29th, 2016 11:00

Dell Audio output was terrible. I couldn't find an equalizer that sounded any good at all. It was as if the left channel was being turned down, not to mention I could not find a balance setting (left/right). Anyway, I tried plugging into the audio output jack on the front of the desktop PC and solved the problem. Thanks 

mdv

No Events found!