Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2015 03:00

Dell Backup and Recovery not updating recovery media

Before I updated my laptop to Windows 10 I created a factory recovery media with Dell Backup and Recovery as suggested by Dell.  The upgrade went very well, but now I am getting reminders from Dell to update my recovery media.  However, when I use Dell Backup and Recovery and click the Update Your Recovery Media option, it always says near the end of the update that an error occurred during the process.  What is the cause of this error?  Is it possible to create another factory recovery media using the same USB drive that I used to create the current one, i.e. overwrite the current recovery data with new data?  Thanks for any information. 

1 Message

December 20th, 2015 21:00

I have the same issue.

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

December 21st, 2015 06:00

Have you updated DBaR since upgrading to Windows 10?

4 Posts

December 21st, 2015 12:00

Yes, I am using DBaR version 1.9.1.3.

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

December 21st, 2015 13:00

Are both of you using 16 GB USB flash drives?

4 Posts

December 21st, 2015 15:00

Yes, I am using a 16GB USB flash drive.

1 Message

January 9th, 2016 08:00

So do I.

1 Message

January 30th, 2016 05:00

I am trying to update my recovery media but whenever it goes to updating it shows "an error occurred during the process"  so i can't back what i have lost from my backup too... 

1 Message

March 1st, 2016 04:00

I am having this same issue. Is there a solution yet? If the "updating your Recovery Media" failed due to "An error occurred during the process" is the that recovery media still good?

4 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 06:00

I am not aware of any solution yet from Dell.  I'm not sure if the recovery media is still good after getting the message.

May 24th, 2016 13:00

I believe I read somewhere that you had to update the old version 7 of DBaR before you upgraded to Windows 10.

But don't quote me on this. :emotion-1: I am merely quoting from a note I found among my archived emails.

Note: If DBaR is not updated as recommended (prior to updating to Windows 10), the only recourse left is to revert back to previous working OS. If the OS rollback not successful, the final solution may require a fresh OS and DBAR reinstall.

I could never get it to work.

I always get the error "An error occurred during the process" whenever I try to perform a data backup on a 16GB USB flash drive.

1 Attachment

No Events found!