Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 3rd, 2016 21:00

Dell Bluetooth Keyboard stopped working

"The device cannot start" (Code 10), a totally worthless and uninformative error message.

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE   I replaced the batteries and still get this message.

The driver is up to date; I checked for new drivers. Windows troubleshooting is absolutely worthless, and I could not find relevant information with a Google search.

9.4K Posts

August 4th, 2016 12:00

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

August 4th, 2016 12:00

Try uninstalling it in Device Manager. Reboot and let Windows rediscover it. 

Search for the error message--lots of hits about this including hardware failure.

August 4th, 2016 18:00

I did that, and tried to re-pair the keyboard with the tablet, but got the message that "something went wrong."

August 4th, 2016 18:00

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/811798 relates to Window 7, and my tablet is running 8.1

I did try "If the link is not reestablished, use Control Panel to remove the device, and then try to add the device again," and it did not work. (Actually, I removed the driver and let Windows re-discover the device.)

The second link is for XP. 

I did what the third link said, and it did not work.

"

Put the Dell Bluetooth Keyboard in Discovery Mode
  1. Starting with the Bluetooth device off, press the power switch located on the bottom of the keyboard.
  2. Find and press the button located underneath the keyboard on the upper-left side.
    The Bluetooth LED on the top of the keyboard blinks when it is in discovery mode and is off when the keyboard is not in discovery mode."

August 6th, 2016 18:00

None of what you posted worked.

Should I try a new keyboard? If I have to buy one, though, I will have to write the product I have a poor recommendation at Amazon and elsewhere. I generally expect things I buy to last more than a year or so before they stop working.

9.4K Posts

August 8th, 2016 08:00

Your post doesn't seem to list the model or where you purchased it.  Could you provide more details about the product and the device you are pairing it with?  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

August 8th, 2016 10:00

It's a Dell tablet keyboard, to go with a Dell Venue.

However, I was actually able to pair it with my tablet yesterday (after I bought a larger Logitech keyboard to determine whether the tablet was the problem--it worked as well).

No Events found!