Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JN

June 25th, 2017 04:00

Dell Command Update repeatedly trying to install driver (XPS13 9635)

As subject, Dell Command Update is repeatedly trying to install "Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver" on my XPS13 9635. See attached.

Can anyone help?

many thanks

June 25th, 2017 07:00

Hi,

Is the update failing?

"Intel Integrated Sensor Solution" is a co-processor which helps to integrate data from different sensors and process them. This can help the main CPU to off-load and thus saves battery consumption and improves performance.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 25th, 2017 08:00

I have just started doing some of those updates on my system.  I am currently using the prior driver for that device.

I don't use Dell update and have never use the Dell Command  so I have no experience with it but I am using the automatic updater in a non-auto mode.

That device is listed in Device Manger under System devices.  If you right click and select properties, you will see an Events tab.  You might look at that and scroll through to see if you can find a pattern.  Selecting an entry will give info about that entry.  If you see some reason it shows as not installing, it might help.  

I do notice the version number jumped from 3.1.0.3360 to 3.10.100.3363 so I am wondering if that is a typo but I may find out during the install.

June 26th, 2017 01:00

Dell Command Update repeatedly states there is an update available for "Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver". The install seemed to go OK except that Dell Command failed to reboot the machine so I restarted it myself. However when I re-ran Dell Command Update the update was there again.

I downloaded the update from Dell and ran it by hand ("Chipset_Driver_PJGRM_WN32_3.10.100.3363_A01_01"). This also appeared successful but again, when I re-ran Dell Command Update the update was there again.

The driver version reported by Device Manager is 3.1.0.3363. This doesn't change at all.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 26th, 2017 07:00

Yesterday, I finally got the Dell update to do the Integrated Sensor and Intel Management Engine updates.  I saw them both listed as being downloaded and installed but neither one seems to have taken.

So mine is doing the same thing as yours while still showing an older date on both drivers.  

I did get the Chipset and Bluetooth drivers to install correctly when done manually so I will try the Sensor update manually.  I will post back if it actually works.

I have two other devices which show out of date drivers and Dell Update is not finding those.

3 Posts

August 7th, 2017 21:00

My brand new Dell xps 2 in 1 9365 is doing the same thing.  Dell tried to troubleshoot today with me for 1.5 hours and in the end gave up.

January 4th, 2018 13:00

I am having the same problem.  Did you find a solution?

No Events found!