Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2015 13:00

Dell Command Update trouble with bluetooth driver on Latitude E5440

I'm having trouble with a driver update that I hope someone can help me with.  When using Dell Command Update to update drivers on a Latitude E5440 with Windows 7, the bluetooth driver starts to install then the laptop restarts without notice.  It's a nice restart and goes through the shutdown process--not a crash!  I've tried updating the bluetooth driver manually but the it keeps appearing in Command Update as an available update.  This is a problem because our environment has Command Update set to run on a daily schedule so the Latitude E5440s are rebooting every night.  In the grand scheme of things this isn't a big deal, but it is generating complaints and the update program obviously isn't working correctly.  Any suggestions?

1 Message

November 6th, 2015 04:00

Same thing here.

15 Posts

September 15th, 2017 12:00

Can either of you tell me what bluetooth card you have? I didn't even know where to install it and manual doesn't even specify it.

I have a DW 1506 in my E5440 but that's just wifi. I was looking to see if I could replace with Wifi+BT combo, but if this laptop takes a bluetooth card separately, i need to know what/how.

No Events found!