ieee488
5 Rhenium

RE: Dell D630 shutting down issue

0 Kudos
1 Nickel

Are you suggesting that I reinstall all the drivers?

If so, is there any necessity to uninstall other drivers first?

0 Kudos

Hi 846,

I am sorry for the delayed response, please uninstall the video driver from ‘Add or remove programs’ follow the steps below.

Start > control panel > add or remove programs > select the video driver > right click on it and click uninstall.

Restart the computer and then reinstall the drivers which I have provided in my previous post.

Let me know about the progress.

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos
1 Nickel

Thanks for your reply.

I took the steps that you recommended but they achieved nothing and the issue persists.

I am very grateful for your help; have you any other suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi 846,

I am sorry for the delayed response; please check if the same issue persists in safemode. Follow the steps below.

Shut down the computer, tap F8 during start up.

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos
1 Nickel

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The issue is not present in safe mode.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi 846,

Thanks for the update, you have to perform a clean installation of windows operating system and install the drivers in the correct order.

Note: back up all the important files and folders before formatting the system.

Use the link below to perform clean insallation.

http://dell.to/15QEf6e

Once the system is formatted, install the drivers in the correct order using the link below and check if the issue persists.

http://dell.to/1cj8k67

I hope you find this useful.

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.

0 Kudos
1 Nickel

I did a clean installation of Windows recently and in fact the problem has only been present after performing that installation.

The only reason that I can think of that might be the problem is if I didn't install the drivers in the right order.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi 846,

Please perform clean insallation and then install the drivers in the correct order using the link which I have provided in my previous post. Check if the issue persists after performing the clean installation.

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Nickel

Thanks for your reply.

I will perform a clean installatoin of Windows, but I will not have time to do so for a while.

When I do the installation, I would like to upgrade to Windows 7 640bit (from XP 32 bit). However, I cannot find any drivers on the Dell website for 64-bit Windows 7. Do you know of anywhere where I can download them?

Thank you

0 Kudos