Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2010 19:00

Dell DataSafe Online interferes with screensaver activation

Hello, I just bought this Dell Inspiron 17 and so far so good, but when I start the DataSafe program, the screensaver refuses to start.  And what a pain it is when you're backing up about 24 hours worth of material.  Any suggestions?  Many thanks in advance.  Running Microsoft 7 64 bit.

1 Message

May 1st, 2010 19:00

I have the same problem with my Dell Studio XPS desktop and my husband's Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop has the same issue as well.  When Datasafe runs, the screensaver won't come on.  Both machines are running Vista-64.

If you check the screensaver settings (Right-click desktop, select Personalize, then Screensaver) it is obvious that Datasafe has directly or indirectly changed the Wait interval to 1 minute.  I've found that if I change that Wait time to something else, e.g. 2 minutes, the problem is fixed, i.e. screensaver will start after 2 minutes.  This works even while Datasafe is running. 

The screensaver will then continue to work as it should until the next time that Datasafe starts!  Then I have to go thru the whole process again of Personalize->Screensaver->Wait time, etc..  This occurs in exactly the same way on my husband's laptop.

This has been happening since we first bought the machines brand new off Dell, with Datasafe v1.1 software.  It continues with Datasafe version 1.2.0009 that came out in December 2009.  Maybe the new 1.2.0011 just released will fix this???

No Events found!