Highlighted
Weatherman97
1 Copper

Dell Datasafe Backup- How to Retrieve Once Windows is re-installed?

Today I re-installed windows using the factory restore image from Dell Datasafe. The program gave me options on which programs/files I would want to backup(onto the C drive which I selected) during re-formatting and installation of Windows. When Windows finished installing, I now have a folder on my desktop saying Emergency Backup. I ran the Dell Datasafe executable inside. Afterwords it gave me a report of the successful downloads/transfers(which was almost all of the selections). However, nothing has changed. None of my programs/files/documents that I selected to save were re-placed when I ran that executable. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Dell Datasafe Backup- How to Retrieve Once Windows is re-installed?

Hello Weatherman97,

Please ensure you have a Premium Version of Dell Data Safe Local Backup. Dell Data Safe Local Backup Basic version is not designed to take the backup and restore the files including applications. This function would be available in the Premium version.

Below table would help us understand the difference between Basic and Premium Version:

For more details, see Dell DataSafe Local Backup.  

Thanks & Regards
Allan D
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

0 Kudos
Weatherman97
1 Copper

So why have I been led to believe the files(currently on my desktop) that I selected to backup would actually be restotred? Is there any way for me to recover the files on my desktop now?

0 Kudos

Hello Weatherman97,

Please help me understand how many files/ folders do you see in the Emergency Backup folder which is on the desktop screen.

Thanks & Regards
Allan D
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

0 Kudos