Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 8th, 2015 05:00

Dell Diagnostics

Hi, i have tried several times to run the diagnostics online facility, everything goes well untill obtaining selected diagnostics, then it just hangs there, up to 4 hours?? it will not go past this, all i got on the screen is

Diagnostic in progress - Please do not close this window. Navigating away from this page could result in an interruption of the application. When the diagnosis is complete you will be sent to a results page.

Please wait a few moments while we gather your device details for the diagnostics that you selected. Please click yes to all browser prompts to complete your diagnostic.

please advise

thank you

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 8th, 2015 06:00

The diagnostics can also be run outside WIndows - press F12 a few times at powerup and boot into the Diagnostics from the menu that appears.

1.2K Posts

Hi ,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

To help me assist you better would request you to confirm what exactly is the issue you are facing on your system . Also would request you to initiate dell diagnostics by using the F12 key outside the operating the system (As soon as you restart  the system keep tapping the F12 key to go to the advanced boot options from there you can select diagnostics )

If there are more queries do reply to this post with the system model , service tag info do to system specific information .Hoping to hear from you soon .

Kindest Regards,

32 Posts

hi, I'm pressing F12 after a retstart and it takes me to the windows sign in screen? in other words F12 is not working, windows 7 N5050

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 8th, 2015 07:00

Begin pressing F12 immediately at powerup.  You need to trip into the diagnostics before WIndows loads.

32 Posts

June 8th, 2015 07:00

thx for the reply ejn, but nope f12 does not go into the boot screen only the log in screen

32 Posts

June 8th, 2015 09:00

anyone?

1.2K Posts

June 8th, 2015 14:00

Hi ,

I would request you to press the FN key(keep it pressed ) then press the power button to initiate diagnostics.

Kindest Regards,

32 Posts

June 9th, 2015 03:00

thx Jen, error code  0142    :-(

1.2K Posts

June 9th, 2015 07:00

Hi ,

Thank you for the reply ! 0142 error code indicates hard drive failure .I would request you to send the service tag of the system ,system owner's name ,contact no , physical address via private message .I will check these details verify the warranty active on the system after  that I arrange for hard drive replacement .And if possible do ensure the data on the hard drive has been backed up so that we can collect the faulty drive .

Hoping to hear from you soon .

Kindest Regards ,

32 Posts

June 9th, 2015 08:00

hi, I'm out of warranty :(

1.2K Posts

June 10th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

In that we can charge you for part replacement where in a quotation can be sent for the hard drive.Alternatively you can purchase the drive from any local re seller.

I hope this helps .

Kind Regards ,

No Events found!