Highlighted
Zingam
2 Iron

Dell Driver detect applet fails to detect new drivers.

I can count that there 5 new drivers released since I updated the drivers last time but the Driver detect does not detect them.

Instead it detects just two drivers that are already installed and even if I do "install the again". The Driver detect still "detects" these two "new" drivers over and over again.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: Dell Driver detect applet fails to detect new drivers.

Zingam,

The Dell Update only shows driver updates and not software. That is how our development team created the dell updates. 

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
Zingam
2 Iron

Hi, Jesse,

I believe you don't understand the issue. I updated the drivers at the beginning of September. A few days ago when I selected the section "Find it myself" as seen on the screenshot. I noticed that several drivers were updated but the Update app does not find them instead it reports the two drivers that can be seen on the screenshot and they are already installed. Even if I install them 2-3 times they are still reported as  new updates and none of the newer drivers are detected. For example there is a new Intel video driver.

The driver updater used to work before but now it is stuck at those two drivers.

0 Kudos

Zingam.

If they are not installing, they are already updated. Dell update will keep trying to push updates that are already installed.  Disregard the dell updates since they are installed. You can also call Dell Support at 1-800-624-9896 and have them walk you through the updates to see if they are indeed installed.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
Zingam
2 Iron

Hi, Jesse,

The drivers were not installed. I had to install the manually. For example the current video driver is version: 22.20.16.4735

The previous one was something like 21.20.16.xxxx, etc. The updater didn't want to update it. I had to do it manually.

0 Kudos
Zingam
2 Iron

OK. Here I am again WITH PROOF.

I have installed Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and all drivers from the Web page before the release.

Today I am checking the page with the drivers and I see 3 new drivers released on Oct 19.

They are NOT DETECTED by the Driver Detect but the same old drivers - WiFi and Intel Management Console (that I have updated - are detected as new).

Here are screenshots of what I see:

Is it really not possible to report this bug to the development team? It is not deal breaking for me as I am well versed in working with computers but it is annoying indeed.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos