5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 12th, 2013 05:00

Dell E4310 + SSD 830 = low speed ?

Hi,
or could you help me?

I drive Samsung SSD 830 64GB
- Before the drive was connected to an HP 6910p (supports only SATA I) + Windows XP, the results were disc read speeds of about 250MB / s
- The drive is currently in Dell E4310 (supports SATA II) + Windows 7 64bit the results are 70MB / s

- Disk works with Windows drivers rather than a dedicated (or a laptop with drivers or the disc itself - they simply can not find and install)
- I read about AHCI mode and they are turned on in the BIOS but it is not much help
- Or is that the wine version of Windows 7 64bit? I read in the manual drive:
"Software Reqiurments
- Windows XP SP3 witt (32bit or 64bit)
- Internet Explorer 7 or above
- Windows 7 Standard AHCI drivers, or AHCI drivers from yours PC's chipset manufactures "

So there is no mentioned or Windows 7 64bit is supported.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 14th, 2013 12:00

The massacre is what the war came to me ...

Drive 64GB Samsung SSD 830 as if he did not want to act fast - and all in all so I bought it and because earlier della E4310 disk in HP already tapped. And as soon as I put on my flash drive (even SATA I - and still only) revived the computer from the first moments.
I tested the drive immediately and I was about 250MB / s read and 150MB / s write (but probably will be more squeeze) and I wanted to finally change for Win7 64bit.

That HP-ka 6910p and I have just sold my Dell. I think I will describe all the variations that are possible for the third day I sit on it and somehow it looks like I may not be able to solve this problem.

Dell has the latest bios A11

In the BIOS there are 3 options:
- SATA
- AHCI (SATA AHCI mode)
- RAID

Opportunities tested:
SSD

SATA + Win XP 32bit = drive is slow - now max 70MB / s (slower than the Seagate 256GB Pinning 7200 - because it so I have), I can not change or install drivers to drive "the boor"
AHCI + Win XP 32bit = error (does not work and I can not install the drivers). Fresh install + drivers during installation have not tried

- SATA + Win7 = error
- AHCI + Win7 = working but slowly, installing all the drivers from the manufacturer (bag. Cabinet only)
Instructions are on the network that you need to enable AHCI in the registry, even Microsoft released a package installation and also it did not help

As if the laptop just would not work with this drive
I only have 2 options to check: Win7 32bit installation (somewhere on the blog in some kind of work on 32bit and not the 64bit) and 64bit Ubuntu (Ubuntu should swish and it's not like I do not know what I'd do - probably sell computer)

No Events found!