Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2015 11:00

Dell E6320 HDMI does not work

I installed from scratch an E6320 with windows 7. Everything works fine so far except HDMI.

When I connect the TV on it (yet I selected the right HDMI port on the TV) the TV is not recognized, only the built in laptop screen is recognized by the different utilities such as resolution, ...

I have installed this driver found on dell web site :
www.dell.com/.../drivers
Video_Driver_XGPWM_WN_9.17.10.3040_A12

I have tried a second driver on the web site : but at installation it said that a higher version was already installed : VIDEO_DRVR_WIN_R301733.EXE

On this forum I have seen a post were a person says that he solved a similar problem by installing an nvidia driver... This look strange to me is it possible that the video is Intel 3000 graphics and HDMI is Nvidia????

I also tried to install the latest driver from Intel site but installation was refused with message saying "your system does not have the minimum requirement" or something similar.

Can someone please help?

Regards,

agarric

April 7th, 2015 12:00

Hello Agarric, 

Intel 300 GPU and NVIDIA are totally different, but cannot be on same board, but can be as a discrete. Can you accept my request and PM me your system tag#.

Meanwhile , is it the first time are you using the HDMI output?

If you have ever used it, can you try to restore the machine to that date and check.

Regards

Hema

3 Posts

April 8th, 2015 09:00

Not sure to understand what you mean by Nvidia "can be as discrete"??? To summarize can we say that there is no Nvidia card on the E6320 Laptop, and thus no need for an Nvidia driver?

Regarding HDMI usage. I got this laptop second hand. I don't know if the previous owner used HDMI before. This is the first time I try to use it, so it might be hardware failure. Is there a self test procedure?

For your info I had another E6320 before, on this laptop I used HDMI quite often so I am familiar with the mini-HDMI cabling. I believe my cable work fine, in fact I tried 2 different cables with the same result.

I made the installation from scratch with a Dell Windows 7 DVD with very limited drivers : only VGA at the first boot. I had to install graphics 3000 drivers. For this reason I believe it is more likely a software issue.

I posted the service tag by PM (private message)

Regards,

agarric

3 Posts

April 10th, 2015 06:00

Problem is solved it was a connector issue. On the laptop the female connector was not exactly in the right place. The cable couldn't be plugged to the end.

So it was a hardware issue. No specific driver needed. Only the Intel 3000 graphics driver is needed on this laptop.

No Events found!