bradylewis69
1 Copper

Dell E6520 Running Windows & Ultimate will not turn on bitlocker

Hello All,  Here is the problem... I have an image for the E6520 laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate. I created only one partition (as I have done for previous images) but bitlocker has created another for me. I go to turn on Bitlocker and get this error.

The path specified in the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) for a BitLocker Drive Encryption integrity-protected application is incorrect. Please verify and correct your BCD settings and try again.

I have tried to use the bcdedit -set {bootmgr} device partition=C: command but it does not help. Does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do?

Also... This method has worked on all previous models...E6510, E6500,E6400 etc... What has changed?

Thanks for any help on this...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
WinOutreach5
1 Copper

Re: Dell E6520 Running Windows & Ultimate will not turn on bitlocker

Hi BradyLewis69,

Typically speaking, the aforementioned error occurs if one of the following entries in the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store points to the incorrect partition:

Windows Boot Manager

Windows Memory Tester

Resume from Hibernate

You may want to try the following solutions as specified by Microsoft's KB article regarding Bit Locker drive encryption here. Although, it does appear that you have already attempted the first recommendation.

With that said, since you also specified that you only created one partition, despite that you have done this for previous images, that may actually be part of your dilemma. Remember, to encrypt a drive that Windows is installed on, your computer must have two partitions: a system partition and an operating system partition. The Microsoft reference article for configuring your hard drive for Bit Locker can be found here. It may be wise to restore the image for Bit Locker to a second partition and allow the Bit Locker wizard to create the necessary 200mb partition for the system.

Jessica

Windows Outreach Team -- IT Pro

Jessica

Windows Outreach Team -- IT Pro

0 Kudos