3 Zinc

Dell: I have questions

First of all I have a XPS 15 9550. I have two questions regarding some issues I have encountered:

1. I and at least one other person here have been receiving an Intel service crash when the system is booted. This crash was for the service "Intel Content Protection HDCP". This was after installing the latest Intel HD Graphics 530 drivers (v20.19.15.4454) posted on the Dell support site for my system. We eliminated the problem by disabling the service, but is not really a good solution. Since there is no further updates to the Intel HD drivers on Dell's site, I posted a question on the Intel Support site. They suggested that I download the latest drivers from Intel. The only problem is that they are numbered 15.xx.xx.xxxx. Is there a difference between what Intel has and what you post on your support site that would give me a problem if I were to install the Intel versions?

2. Another person posted here about the inability to get any information (such as S.M.A.R.T. data) from the NVMe PM951 Samsung SSD drive. I have tried various disk info software including Samsung's own SSD Wizard and they have not been able to access the S.M.A.R.T. data for the PM951. According to Samsung, the Wizard does not support OEM drives. Does Dell have a utility that will display this information for the SSD drive?

JohnD

0 Kudos