Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2009 17:00

Dell IDT driver and Dell Studio 15 (1555)

I have a Dell Studio 15 and whenever I install the dell IDT driver (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R226903&SystemID=STUDIO1555&servicetag=&os=W764&osl=en&deviceid=16518&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=2&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=3&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=325315) the "clicking" sound heard when navagation goes away.  In addition, the "sound control panel" occational freezes and no sounds come out from the speaker.  The only way to solve this is to go to the device manager and uninstall all the sound drivers and wait for WIndows 7 to install the default driver.  And the default "high defintion audio device" driver won't work with the Sound Blaster X-Fi Mb, which I ordered with the new PC, and thus comes preinstalled.  Therefore, how can I fix this error?  And is there any way to "return" the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB?

7 Posts

November 13th, 2009 22:00

Hey ,

Even i am facing same problem with my studio ,have u spoken to dell people what do they say.

When i spoke to them they said they will be upgarding drivers for the same on the site ,tey did not sound convencing.

if u get any updates kindly revert me back.

3 Posts

November 14th, 2009 01:00

Now I'm facing another problem!!!  Everytime I restart, the audio goes off!!!!!!!!   The only way to "fix" this problem is to run the troubleshooter and reinstall the driver.  However, this only last till the next restart....

3 Posts

November 14th, 2009 20:00

Hey ,

Even i am facing same problem with my studio ,have u spoken to dell people what do they say.

When i spoke to them they said they will be upgarding drivers for the same on the site ,tey did not sound convencing.

if u get any updates kindly revert me back.

The ONLY way to "solve" this problem is to perform a factory restore and DON'T install any audio drivers from the dell website.

2 Posts

March 6th, 2010 17:00

Same problem.

No Events found!