Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 24th, 2012 15:00

Dell INSPIRON MINI 10 - No Power

Hello, I left my dell mini 10 on whilst I went to make a cup of tea. I came back to a blank screen, no power to the screen, cannot hear anything from the motherboard, cpu, HD etc. Nothing! Voltage coming from the adapter is 19v - as it should be. Tried starting with and without the battery, also tried taking the battery out and power cable and holding the power button to release static. No luck!

What can anyone suggest? Or is it a case of motherboard out and find a new one? Dell's notorious for making it as hard as possible to do anything, and I expect this is no exception? 

Thanks,

Alex

February 9th, 2012 15:00

Replaced motherboard, still didn't work - display cable was shorting it out. Replaced display cable and is working perfectly since.

Also the bottom access panel is not for RAM it's for WLAN  - btw.

18 Posts

January 25th, 2012 08:00

Same problem here with my Inspiron 15R, I contacted customer support. They told that they will call back. Once please check the RAM, i mean clean it and replace

1 Message

January 27th, 2012 14:00

My mini 10 same thing.  Charger works fine, even got a new battery (probably a stupid move)... When you press the power button, the indicator light will briefly turn blue as if it's starting up, then quickly flash orange/red, then nothing...  I'm interested in what they tell you... On the RAM thing, I'm assuming that's in that bottom access panel?  Thanks All.

18 Posts

January 27th, 2012 17:00

They didn't call me. I made a call to DELL yesterday. They booked a service Engineer for me to come to my place. He will come to my place on monday or tuesday  and he will check what is the problem, and any parts are not working he will replace them. 

18 Posts

January 28th, 2012 06:00

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!! DELL booked a service engineer for me yesterday. Today morning i got a call from the service engineer of my city who is authorized for DELL. I told him i'll pick up him on my way to home. Today evening at 5pm i took him to my home. He said that DELL has sent the mother board for my laptop last night through mail by flight. He changed the motherboard , and my laptop is working good and fine. He done it in 15 minutes of time. He asked me to check all things are working fine or not. I checked keyboard, dvd writer, usb ports, bluetooth, touchpad and all. Everything is working fine. But only thing not rectified is the bluetooth mouse is sometimes getting disconnected. I am amazed at the service of DELL, within 24 hours of time they made my laptop worked. The service person told me that DELL is very good in service compared to others. Thank you DELL.

1 Message

February 18th, 2012 15:00

I have a similar problem. Upgraded the Mini 10v to 2GB and it worked fine for a few hours. Then I switched it off. After re-booting it came up with a few errors saying that Windows could not be started properly. I then re-started it again. Now it is completely dead. Even with the power cable connected there is no light on the LED in the bottom left hand corner. There is also no noise from the HDD or fan. Not sure what has suddenly happened. Pressing the power button (with or without the power cable) allows the LED to remain on for about 7-8 seconds then it fades out again.

I also have another Mini 10v and that is working fine after the memory upgrade to 2GB.

Tried various forums for a solution and nothing. It could be a case of a dead motherboard. I haven't tried the BIOS repair using a floppy but some forums have suggested that but to no avail.

May just have to spend the money on a refurbished motherboard unless someone out there can help.

Waiting.......

Regards,

B4ABU

18 Posts

February 21st, 2012 06:00

why don't you take the help of DELL. contact them.

1 Message

October 17th, 2012 22:00

Hello, I have the same problem, my Dell inspiron mini 1018, the screen broke, buy the parts and the place and try to sound as encederla replied RAM failure ... change to the original screen was damaged and the same problem, I put a load and leave, wanting to reuse the charging light was orange, wanting to turn on the charging light turns red mienstras hold the button and does nothing more than that.

The charger and battery are the original ... I just want to know if your comment video cable is the solution ...

No Events found!