Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2017 08:00

Dell Inspirion 15 7000 Gaming (7567) Loud Fan Problems

Hi, I recently brought Dell 7567 and I exprienced big problem. When I do basic tasks fans are okay but when I start gaming it becomes a real mess. Fans are just too loud. CPU and GPU are at 50-60 degrees celsius which is preety low when gaming. But fans are at 5000 rpm all the time and they are really loud, more than 50 decibels. I tried to fix it via lot of fan speed programs but they simply dont work. I also tired to find option in bios but there is nothing there. Here is video to proof you. I wonder if there is way to lower fan speeds to reduce noise but temperatures will be higher but it doesnt matter to me. www.youtube.com/watch

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 4th, 2017 09:00

It is by design that these Inspiron 15 gaming laptops with the powerful discrete Nvidia GPU will ramp up the fans to cool the GPU. The "Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 Usage and Troubleshooting Guide" makes no mention of "fan noise". This means that Dell does not see it as an issue. The "Dell Command Power Manager" was not tested on these Inspiron 15 gaming laptops. But you could try to install it and see if it will run. Although if gaming, I would not set it to "Quiet" under Thermal Management. Also, Dell never tested any 3rd party fan reduction software.

2 Posts

December 4th, 2017 09:00

I tried using Dell Command Power Manager but there is no thermal options for me

https://imgur.com/a/H8BYH

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 4th, 2017 14:00

OK, thanks for trying it. For my notes, what 3rd party fan software did you attempt to use?

No Events found!