Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2009 23:00

Dell Inspiron 1100 wont turn on

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 about 5 yrs old. I went out of town for a month and left it unplugged. When I plug in the power cord, the power pack lights up green. On the labtop, where the three lights are (where you open the screen) the power light is green, the middle light is off and the last light is yellow when the power cord is plugged in. When I unplug it, the lights go off. The labtop will not turn on. There's no sound or anything. I've removed the battery, held the power button for one minute. Tried turning it on from its side. I've done alot of research and tried several things, except taking it apart. Im not to familiar with the hardware so I didnt want to take it apart and mess it up.

I need some help......  Is there anything I can do without taking it to a shop? That's gonna cost a fortune most likely. Hope you guys can help, I need help ASAP. Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 25th, 2009 03:00

Reseat the memory modules (remove and reinstall).  If that does nothing, try without the battery - if it'll power up with no battery, replace the battery with a  new one.

If it still won't power up, replace the notebook with a new one - this one is not worth a major repair.

No Events found!