Highlighted
jacobstoops
Copper

Dell Inspiron 13-5378 Headphones Not Working (with new SkullCandy Crusher headphones)

I have a Dell Inspiron 12-5378 Signature Edition computer, and I recently bought SkullCandy Crusher headphones. The headphones do not seem to be working and are not even showing up in my playback devices. I'm wondering if there is something that I can do to get them working?

My other question is that the Mic Cable for the SkullCandy headphones is 3.5mm plug which seems to be sticking out a tiny bit when I plug it in. Is it possible that the computer isn't recognizing the device because the plug is too long? I can't seem to find any detailed specs on the headphone jack for this computer. If this is the issue, does anyone have an adapter they recommend?

Is the issue my headphones or the laptop?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jim Coates
Diamond

RE: Dell Inspiron 13-5378 Headphones Not Working (with new SkullCandy Crusher headphones)

Hello. Push the plug extra firmly into the jack and see if it can go in the rest of the way.  When it is detected, you should get a popup asking you to select the type of device you are using.

There aren't any detailed specs from Dell about the combo jack, just general information that we pass along on this discussion board. We have been getting reports from owners that the jacks on some late model Dell are tight.

Jim Coates -- 14 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos