Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2015 10:00

Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2 in 1 rubber adhesive suggestions

Hey everyone! I'm new to the Dell support community; this is my first laptop and I love it:

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-13-7352-laptop/pd

I've been using the laptop for college, and I usually just put my laptop right on the desks. Lately, I've noticed that one of the bottom rubber "feet" has been sliding away from its usual spot and has left things messy because of all the glue; any suggestions on how to get it to stay? Are there any safe adhesives for laptops? I contacted Premium Support and they didn't have any replacements for the rubber (and I didn't want to get a replacement for the whole bottom half of the computer!)

Thanks for any help!

Christina

1 Message

March 9th, 2016 17:00

I have an identical problem. This seems to be an unexplainable problem for an otherwise perfectly good laptop.

4 Posts

March 10th, 2016 04:00

Thank you for the reply! At least I know I'm not alone. I know I haven't been doing any excessive sliding, and I've tried everything to stick them back on. I just ordered new rubber feet off Amazon: http://smile.amazon.com/Protect-Your-Laptop-Noscratching-Slipping/dp/B001LT2OAS/ref=pd_rhf_sc_p_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0KFHHC93T419JPYM7MVG  they're not the exact size as the old ones, so I plan on just throwing the old ones away and putting these on both sides in whatever way I want. I love this laptop, even with the feet dilemma - hopefully these work, and I heard they also add a little height to the computer for ventilation.

1 Message

June 9th, 2016 03:00

Please, let me know if the rubber feet you ordered were any help! The rubber bumper on the bottom of my Dell Inspiron 7353 is starting to peel, so I would like to prevent any further loosening of the adhesive. How long have you had the rubber feet? Where did you place them? Stuff like that. Thank you!

4 Posts

June 12th, 2016 17:00

Here she is!!

I've had the rubber feet for a handful of months now, I'd say 3. They were very easy to apply, and there was more in the package than what I needed to get the job done. There are long and short pieces - I chose to use four short ones, but two long horizontally could have also gotten the job done. I am very happy with my purchase - they haven't budged. The only thing to get used to is the new height, but you do eventually, and it does add ventilation. The only downside is the fact that my laptop has the capability to close like a tablet, and loses that capability with these thick rounded feet. Overall, however, I think this was my best option. The tent still works perfectly, and it can still go into tablet, technically, but just not all the way. Its sort of a propped up tablet now, maybe even better than before! I don't see myself taking them off, even if I could. Please contact me if you have any more questions, laptop friend! The link to purchase is hopefully working fine in my last post.

1 Message

August 24th, 2016 12:00

I dont think this would allow the screen to bent over when switching it as a tablet......

No Events found!