Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2014 07:00

Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2 in 1 Casing Issue.

Hi All,

I just bought my Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2 in 1 for 2 weeks, I found out that my casing color from

silver grey color became dull color. Anyone facing this kind of issue before?

For the images below, you can see what happen to my casing just in two weeks after I purchased.

2 Posts

October 4th, 2014 07:00

Any Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series users face the same issue?

Hope you can share with me if you purchased this laptop.

1 Message

October 14th, 2014 10:00

I've got the same laptop as well and the corners around my laptop are becoming a yellow/brown stain colour as well. but it is not as bad as your yet. Not happy about that.

1 Message

November 1st, 2014 01:00

hey,  was thinking of buying the laptop. how did you resolve your problem ?

10 Posts

November 13th, 2014 15:00

Sorry I can't be more informative as I bought the same model almost a week ago and I am not seeing this issue. Case looks the same as it did before. Bought my unit from the Microsoft Store in Toronto, ON, Canada. If I do see such discoloration developing I will report it here.

1 Message

February 23rd, 2015 02:00

Hello,

This subject is a bit outdated, but I am experiencing the same issue. Although it is not as bad as the one in the pictures, it is on its way, and I am really getting worried and annoyed about it. I only got it a bit less than 2 months ago. Did you guys resolve this issue ? Is it only dirt or is it the surface layer which gets away ? If it is a casing material issue, can the laptop be redeemed ?

Thanks for your help (hope one of you got this sorted out).

Good day !

2 Posts

March 9th, 2015 12:00

Yes! I have a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series I purchased late in 2014, and I noticed this yesterday. I thought the corners looked "burnt" and initially thought there was a heating/electrical issue.  I'm relieved that it appears that there is (hopefully) not a heating issue, but this wear is unsightly and the laptop is only about 5-6 months old.  My wear is about the same as your pictures show, but more on the corners and not on the other edges (just yet).

6 Posts

April 8th, 2015 08:00

Bought it on march 16 2015 and exactly after 2 weeks the corners of my laptop are fading from gray to gold, contacted Dell still waiting for a clear response. Regretted buying this laptop.

1 Message

April 10th, 2015 04:00

I have just ordered one of these laptops and am awaiting delivery, this is making me worried.

Is this a case of the external coating wearing away, or is there dirt gathering at the edges?

Thanks,

Robin

2 Posts

April 10th, 2015 10:00

No it's not dirt. The coating on the edges wears down to reveal a dark brownish color underneath. I thought it looked burnt myself but it's just the silver coating worn away.

6 Posts

April 29th, 2015 08:00

I received this laptop 2 weeks ago. The corners are completely faded from silver to bronze/brown.

Did you resolve this with Dell?

They didn't take me seriously.

6 Posts

April 29th, 2015 08:00

Hello,

I bought/received my laptop (same model) 2 weeks ago. I am having the same issues as you are having. Althougt not that bad! The corners have transformed from silver to a bronze/brown color.

Very frustrating!

I called Dell about this issue and they didn't take me seriously. They blamed me for wrong usage of the laptop. That is absurd.

Did you succesfully take steps towards resolving this problem with Dell?

Greetz EJ

6 Posts

April 29th, 2015 10:00

Dell told me that their warranty doesn't cover it and that the discoloration doesn't affect the performance of the laptop.

6 Posts

April 29th, 2015 11:00

6 Posts

April 29th, 2015 11:00

June 11th, 2015 04:00

I am having the same problem! Who should I contact in order to solve this issue? 

No Events found!