Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2012 23:00

Dell Inspiron 1420 14'.1 inch screen - Replaced my old WXGA 1280 X 800 with a 1440 X 900 one.

I have an Inspiron 1420 laptop with a 14.1 inch LCD screen, 32 bit operating system , 3GB RAM and an Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz processor and Windows Vista.

My video card is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100. The max resolution of my screen is WXGA 1280 X 800.

I had an issue with my  LCD screen. The problem was that the screen blacked out but I was able to use my laptop through an external monitor.I probably could have replaced my inverter backlight but for now the most convenient solution for me was to replace the whole LCD display assembly.

I bought a similar replacement LCD display assembly  ( a used one) on ebay and replaced it today.

The problem is I think they sent me an LCD screen with a maximum resolution of 1440 X 900 even though I asked them for a 1280 X 800 one.

The desktop, icons and the appearance in general is a bit smaller than what I used to have. Is that how it is supposed to look?

Everything else looks okay for now.

The screen looks good but is it wise to use the 1440 X 900 one for the video card and processor I have? Will it cause problem for me in the future?

Thanks for reading my post and I 'll appreciate anyone's opinion on this.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 6th, 2012 11:00

When the resolution goes up, the pixel size decreases - that's completely normal.  Other than that the higher resolution will reduce your video performance a bit, there are no other issues.  You can, within limits, adjust the icon size using the windows control pane.

4 Posts

August 7th, 2012 15:00

Thanks a lot....sorry for the late reply.

No Events found!