Highlighted
rhastings56
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 14R/15R no boot device found

I have a new laptop right out of the box and when turned on it displays NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND.  

it is set to Legacy Boot: 

Hard Drive

CD/DVD/CD-RW DRIVE

NETWORK

I ran diagnostics and next to HDD it has NA

Is there a setting I don't know about to get this thing working?

0 Kudos
16 Replies

Re: Dell Inspiron 14R/15R no boot device found

Hi rhastings56,

Please try following the steps given below:

1. Restart the laptop and start tapping the F2 key at the Dell logo for enter the BIOS.
2. Navigate to the “Advanced” menu.
3. Change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from Intel Smart Response to AHCI.
4. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
5. Reboot the system.
6. Go back into the BIOS by tapping the F2 key and change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from AHCI to Intel Smart Response.
7. Save changes and exit by pressing the F10 key.
8. Reboot the system and it should boot normally into Windows.

Please reply, would be glad to assist you further.  

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Sujatha K
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

Re: Dell Inspiron 14R/15R no boot device found

Hi rhastings56,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Sujatha K
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

0 Kudos
Kristen_5309
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron 14R/15R no boot device found

I have been experiencing the same problems on my new dell laptop, however I have only been using it since December and twice it has not found the hard drive/ boot device.

First time it did not work for a few hours; I turned on my laptop and no Boot Device was found, later that day my computer was working normally. I was confused and took it to my local computer repair store and when turning on the computer, it started just fine.

The next day my computer was working until I turned it on to use in one of my classes and again, no Boot Device was found. I was startled because this was the second time my hard drive was not found.

I took it back to my local computer repair store and I am currently waiting on a call for the results.

I am confused; this laptop has only been used for little over a month now. Why am I having these problems?

0 Kudos
jylemay
1 Copper

Hi,

I have a bran new Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7537 since January 2014.

Got the same issue.

Was pre-loaded with Windows 8 and I applyed the Windows 8,1 free uprgade.

After few days working fine, it s now display No boot device found

Called Dell support and after few tests, they asked me to send the laptop to support.

No way to recover data before.

So, before sending the laptop, I like to see if it can be fixe without sending back the laptop.

As I read the posts, it seem to be a know issue ... not very impressed with my new Laptop following this issue.

Any devellopement ?

Thank you

J-Yves

0 Kudos
Tyousef10510
1 Copper

I just had same problem. Computer froze the N blue then reboot then no boot device found and on setup diagnostic testing says no hard drive found. this happened out of the blue

0 Kudos
Aibellanson
1 Copper

Dear Dell Sinatra K

I'm having  Dell 5520,

It's seems that at first it opens a blue screen saying that oops! Your PC ran 8 to a problem,

Later the laptop totally doesn't turn on,all it says is there didn't start run and it starts in the loop saying 1 0/0 .then I gave my laptop to a customer care next to my house ...,

They told they could not fix it.

After I was back home the laptop turns on saying no boot devices found.Press any key to reboot Smiley Sad !

Please look after. ...as I'm running out of time ...

I have some assignments to look after 

0 Kudos
Wolf.Matthews
1 Copper

Hi there,

my laptop is having the same problem...

also, i tried switching the AHCI setting, but thats the the only one available. It  doesnt have intel smart response

i have an Inspiron 5537

0 Kudos
genetics3
1 Copper

Hello DEll TEam..are you alive on this one?

0 Kudos
debstar
1 Copper

No boot device fix you posted doesn't help. My computer is already set to your suggestion. This seems to be a widespread factory defect problem. My son's new computer doing  the same thing. We need a fix and would like Dell to own up to the problem though responding to everyone in this forum.

0 Kudos