Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 7th, 2013 17:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3520

Hi 

I purchased dell inspiron 15 3520 just a month ago, today when i turned on, it is not showing any thing after the windows boot image, i even tried to install a fresh copy of windows but after loading setup files again same problem and could not install windows please help me.

1.3K Posts

February 11th, 2013 22:00

Hi aliirfan,

Please enter the system BIOS by restarting the computer and tapping F2 at the Dell logo screen and ensure :

1) Boot list option is set to UEFI.
2) Secure Boot is enabled.
3) Load Legacy Option ROM is Disabled.

Also run a diagnostics to ensure that there are no hardware issues. Please find the sets below for the same.

Turn the computer off >restart the computer , At the Dell logo screen, start tapping the F12 key a few times until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear. At the one time boot menu, press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostic’, and then press Enter to begin the PSA diagnostics. If the test fails, please make a note of any error codes listed. You can also refer to the link below.

http://dell.to/OUGnqT

2 Posts

February 12th, 2013 02:00

Thank you for the help, I run the PSA diagnostic test and got

Error code: 2000-0142

Validation: 73007 Hard Drive 0- Self Test Un Succesful so it indicates failed hard drive and i am gonna  contact Dell's Technical Support  for a replacement hard drive.

1.3K Posts

February 13th, 2013 00:00

Hi aliirfan,

I can also assist you with the hard drive replacement. Please private message me the system service tag in case if you have not contacted Tech support over the phone.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag so I may check the region/country from where the system was purchased and assist you accordingly. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

2 Posts

June 25th, 2013 06:00

Then how come Dell, has charged my girlfriend $150, claiming the hard drive damage is software related? There is absolutely, no-way, that our hard drive failing, is a result of software. I'm calling Dell, right now, for a refund, hardware is covered in our warranty, and I can see, after browsing around this site, that plenty of people have been having the same problems that we have: Touch-pad failing, hard drive failing, WiFi dropping. It took me forever to convince them to send me another touch-pad, after I had re-installed every driver imaginable; although its still sitting in the box, my girlfriend simply wound up purchasing a wireless mouse. Funny thing, when I booted a live installation of Ubuntu, this morning, to further affirm to myself that there was indeed a hardware related issue, as to why my hard drive no longer works, the touch-pad worked just fine, I also booted to another live installation known as Micro XP, to attempt to see if I could salvage any of our data that we'd lost, or possibly run check disk, the touch-pad worked just fine, under that operating system too. Some live operating systems and utilities, say the hard drive exists, but, nothing can access, read, or write to it, due to there being input output errors. This laptop has barely been moved since we purchased it in January of 2013. Epic fail, all around, I wish I still had my Latitude D520, rather than this Inspiron 15 3520, if only it had HDMI support.

By the way, I receive the same error code.

Check out all the negative reviews from this thread: reviews.dell.com/.../reviews.htm\

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

I'm A+ certified, by the way.

2 Posts

June 25th, 2013 09:00

Sorry, turns out my girlfriend had lost the number, after she left Walmart (where we bought it); typed Dell Support into google, and visited this site: talktotech.com/Dell-Support-by-TalkToTech . They then, contacted Dell, on her behalf, and set up for us to receive our hard drive, which we should be getting today. We will also be receiving a box, that we're supposed to ship our laptop & hard drive to them in. I am sorry to put the blame on Dell, when it is actually this company of <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> artists". The laptop is still pretty terrible, though. I was wondering why Dell, called my girlfriend, "Charlie", in the Dell thank you response letter.

No Events found!