vvinushan
1 Nickel

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Battery meter (time remaining) broken

Hello there. Recently my battery 'time remaining' meter have been showing outrageous time left (e.g. 55 hr 35mins). I have looked on the internet for solutions but I couldn't find any. Please help me.

0 Kudos
13 Replies

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Battery meter (time remaining) broken

Hello Vvinushan,

There are few steps I would suggest, which would help us in isolating the issue further. Please try the following steps:

• Ensure that the battery has sufficient charge to power on the computer.
  • Please ensure that the battery is charging when you are using the computer with the AC Adapter plugged in. 
  • Check the status of the battery in BIOS Setup. To enter BIOS, restart the computer and keep tapping F2 at the Dell logo screen.
  • Run the PC Diagnostics to check the functionality of the Battery.

Please try the steps and write back with results.

Thanks & Regards
Allan D
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

0 Kudos
vvinushan
1 Nickel

I have checked the BIOS and run PC Diagnostics (from the website and from Pre - Boot. They both say the battery is performing normally. Is there any more suggestions? Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hello Vvinushan,

I apologize for the delay in response! I would suggest you to try updating the BIOS to latest version.

**NOTE: Few things to ensure before updating the Bios is, the Ac Adapter should be plugged in and the battery should have minimum of 15% charge. No other external peripherals should be connected to the computer. Please ensure that the Bios update should not be interrupted else it would damage the motherboard.

Hope this helps!

Thanks & Regards
Allan D
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

0 Kudos
vvinushan
1 Nickel

I have already updated the BIOS before the problem.

0 Kudos

Hello Vvinushan,

I would request you to help me understand the following details:

• Even if it the battery meter shows 55 hr 35mins left, how much time does it actually last?
  • Since when are you facing the issue?
  • I would also request you to share a screen shot of the same.

Awaiting your response! 

Thanks & Regards
Allan D
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
raine2923
1 Copper

Hi Vvinushan,

i also have the same problem with my pc....i just want to ask if fixed already???

0 Kudos
Hitesh Gupta
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Battery meter (time remaining) broken

Hello,

I have been facing exactly the same issue as mentioned above. This issue is occurring from the very 1st day I received the laptop.

I have updated BIOS, calibrated the battery, ran diagnostics, some representative from dell disabled all third party services but the problem is still the same.

On full charge, it shows a time of approximately 11 hours & reduces to 5hrs/3hrs after a restart.

I do not understand if this is a hardware problem or a software problem as many people are facing this issue with this specific laptop.

I have bought this laptop on 29th August 2013 & have not really got a solution which would resolve this issue.

My service request number is  <ADMIN NOTE: Service request removed per privacy policy>.

Regards,

Hitesh Gupta

0 Kudos
M.Cast
1 Nickel

HI, i just got an Inspiron 15R 5521 today, my time remaining on my battery shows 216 hrs. at 86% battery life. Any suggestions other than those given...tried them and nothing has changed. 

thanks,

M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Donivan
1 Copper

I have absolutely the same problem battery time remaining about 150-200h

Here is screenshot 

0 Kudos