Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2015 02:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3543 (2015) screen flickering

A while back I posted about this same issue here in this forum but I can't seem to find a solution. Months passed and I'm still with the same issue, the screen occasionally flickers for no no apparent reason. It dosen't seem that it's coming from the screen panel itself cause when I move it back and forth it dosen't flicker so I excluded that it's a hardware issue coming from the screen itself. I ran an LCD diagnostics test too and it passed the test.

During these months I upgraded to Windows 10 and still same problem if not worse, I reformatted back to it's original OS it came with from factory, Windows 8.1. Still same issue but happens less often than in Windows 10.  have two GPUs one internal, an Intel HD Graphics 5500 and a dedicated GPU, a Nvidia GeForce 820M. Can it be that flicker is occurring when the laptop switches from the internal to the dedicated GPU and vise versa ? Or is it a driver issue? (I installed both original Dell drivers except for the Intel one since for some reason it was the latest version after the Windows 8.1 format to see if it does any difference). 

I'm kinda mad that this is happening since the laptop isn't even 1 year old!  I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks and good day.

9 Posts

November 15th, 2015 06:00

I have the same issue with XPS 9343 (Windows 10), random flicker for no reason.

Dell doesn´t give me any solution.

I also wrote in the spanish forum but no answer...

es.community.dell.com/.../20916

3 Posts

November 15th, 2015 06:00

It's really a shame! also it's a shame an XPS laptop which is supposed to be Dell's top of the line laptop gives the same issue.  I expect high quality products from a company like Dell. I think this is the last time I bought a Dell product. Even for the fact that they didn't even provide no good solutions regarding the issue so far.

No Events found!