Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2016 12:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series - Broken Hinge

This laptop had click sound going on when closing and opening lid. It had this from day one and i assumed it is new laptop and will get fine after few uses. As i used this laptop rarely i did not mind this issue until recently i opened the lid and heard click and found right side corner hinge pop out. Now my laptop is unusable and needs the replacement. I used this laptop with care and am sure this was manufacturing defect. This needs to be replaced for free.

I tried to reach DELL support few times but was put on wait for hours and had to give UP. Now when i call them they say your warranty is expired and you have to pay for this replacement.

I don't buy this . THIS IS MANUFACTURING DEFECT. 100's of users experienced the same. DELL has to OWN responsibility and fix it . This makes CUSTOMERS DAY.

This breaks customer trust on DELL. I see this is getting more and more into Fabric of DELL. So many customers are complaining about DELL 

Please help and fix issues that is your liability and do not penalize customers 

1 Message

July 4th, 2016 22:00

Yes Its true.
Same issue with mine aswell.

Sadly Dell doesn't own responsibility to it. And everytime I call dell support I end up hearing from them "parts not available"

There is another thread for this same issue.

en.community.dell.com/.../19622428

3 Posts

October 19th, 2016 18:00

Again, this is another issue just like mine. I suggest you make a complaint to the BBB and report dell for not honoring their warranty. I have already done so am now making posts on here as well as social media reporting their belligerence.

What a terrible thing for a corporation to be defined by a few people in their support group. I can't believe that calling customers liars to their faces will bring them any more profit...

2 Posts

November 22nd, 2016 18:00

I have a similar problem with my Dell Inspiron 15 (5547). Everytime I close the lid, the right hinge will push out. I got very careful while closing it, but the problem just kept increasing until it got to where it is now. The plastic cover is totally off from the right hinge and screws broken off completely.

I have been using Dell laptops since 2007 but this product is my worst experience with Dell. I bought this late 2014 and so it's clearly out of warranty. I thought its an issue I can fix but from this thread and the previous threads on this same issue, I'm not sure if it can be salvaged. Some people have reported that they've sent theirs to Dell up to 3 times for the same problem.

Right now, mine doesn't pick WiFi signals anymore. I think the antenna is located around the hinge and it must have been detached. Dell ought to have recalled this product if they value their customers and have their interests at heart. I will make an effort to contact Dell tech support and see what their response would be. I will get back to you guys of the outcome. Honestly, I silently hope that this laptop doesn't just go down the drain like this!

5 Posts

April 11th, 2017 08:00

This is still happening. Same exact thing on my 14".

20 Posts

April 11th, 2017 09:00

Mine is clicking right now. I will try to get them to fix it before it is to late. The phone people are horrible, and their hinge policy is borderline illegal where I live. Check your consumer protection laws, maybe you'll find something. I'm an engineer, not a ***... but to me, it seems pretty clear.

For instance, mine has:

38. Goods forming the object of a contract must be durable in normal use for a reasonable length of time, having regard to their price, the terms of the contract and the conditions of their use.

44. In a conventional warranty, exclusions are prohibited unless they are clearly indicated in separate and successive clauses.

No Events found!