Fresh_Andy
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series Keyboard issues. HELP!

So recently I bought 3 Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptops brand new from Dell.com for work.  I took 2 of them out of the box and i updated 1 of them to Windows 10 and left the other one with windows 8.1.  So I signed the Windows 10 laptop out to a co-worker to use.  Co-worker I will name BOB for this.  BOB came to me complaining that some of the keys on the laptop stopped working.  So I went and took a look at the laptop and sure enough the QWASZX keys along with the TAB, CAPS LOCK, SHIFT keys stopped working.  So I gave BOB the laptop that still had 8.1 on it and started trouble shooting this issue. I have had no luck finding an answer.  I turned the laptop off and set it aside while working on other issues.  Two days later BOB came to me and said the same issue is happening with the laptop I just gave BOB.  So I took it back from BOB and again started trouble shooting.  I have found this problem wit 3 different Dell Laptops all brand new.  SAME keys stop working on all three laptops BUT if I leave the laptops off for a day or 2 the keys start working again.  This seems to happen very randomly...Those certain keys work and then stop working and repeat.  Does anyone have an answer? I am tempted to the just return them and get something else.

5 Replies
billyrhythm
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series Keyboard issues. HELP!

I work in a retail computer shop. We too are having the same issue. One customer, now on her 2nd laptop, same issue. I thought to myself "Surely we can't get two laptops in a row with the same issue." Looks like we did.

ncarrillo
1 Copper

i m lo hin hi iue hoee i eem like moe o my keyod i eced hn mo...

^ Im also having this issue though it seems like more of my keyboard is affected than most...

lower left corner of the keyboard isnt working as well as 4 5 r t f g v b

367890-=eyuiop[]\dhjkl;'

cnm,./1345679/-

^every key was pressed on my keyboard including the number pad (second line) (excluding the F keys)  left alt does work but right one doesnt, niether ctrl works nor does esc or Tab or either shift.

suppose they have a couple days to fix it before i return it...

hope this helps.

any response would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tboyer02
1 Copper

I am having the same issue! Have not even had the computer a month! Really disappointing! 

markie100
1 Copper

same problem with mine

heidih1
1 Copper

The keys that went out on mine are yuhjnm I am also having problems with my mouse.  Could it be an overheating problem? They were out for 2days. My laptop is under 2 months old.