Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2014 09:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 touch screen lag and stylus question

I just received my Inspiron 15 5547 computer 2 days ago and one thing I noticed is that intermittently the touchscreen freezes for 3-10 seconds at a time, when this happens the computer is not frozen, I can still move the cursor with the touch pad or with a Bluetooth mouse.

I have contacted tech support and they advised to give it a few days to see if it continues to happen and confirm that the computer in fact does not freeze. I am wondering if this is normal for this model? Or if this is an actual hardware issue with my computer. Has anyone else experienced this? Googling it does not really come up with anything confirming it is an issue with the model and the tech said it is not a known issue.

I also am wondering about getting a stylus to use on the screen for drawing. If I get one like the Adonit Jot or one like used for a Samsung Galaxy Note III would that work? Would it cause any damage to the screen? What type would work best or be recommended or not at all?

1 Message

November 22nd, 2014 09:00

I have the same two questions:

1. At times my screen "freezes" and doesn't respond to touch scrolling via swiping. I can touch scroll via the scroll bars but not by swiping. I have an Inspiron 1500 3000 Series Touch model.
  2. I bought a Dell Active Stylus but it doesn't work with my Inspiron Touch. Does anyone know of a stylus that will work?

Thanks,
Jim...

No Events found!